All choruses will also be expected to learn 3 mass chorus songs to be sung throughout the weekend, with more than 500 other young harmonizers from around the world.
All ensembles will be expected to arrive Thursday early afternoon, participate in the festival on Friday and other events on Saturday and depart Sunday morning.
There is a $300 fee to register your group, but the good news is, we will cover the cost of convention registration, show tickets, and other festival accommodations, including paying for your hotel accommodations (4 to a room), thanks to the generous donors of Harmony Foundation International. You would only be responsible for your travel and food.
Participation in the Festival includes:
- Performance in an international a cappella music festival
- Positive, constructive adjudication from three different judges (one judge per scoring category)
- Professional performance recording
- Meaningful awards for all participants
- Audience-voted awards!
- Trophies for each of the “Plateau” winners
- FREE admission to two professional-quality barbershop shows featuring the top 5 quartets in the world
- Optional group photos from the Festival performance
- 3 nights stay in a luxury hotel for each singer and chorus director
- Opportunity for students to demonstrate competence in National Standards #1, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9
- Opportunity for music educators to earn continuing education scholarships and CEU
We are currently accepting initial pre-registrations to gauge interest among performers we may invite. Questions? Contact our Outreach team at 800-876-SING or email email@example.com for details.