VOLUNTEER AT SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK
Friday, January 19th, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Space available for 25 adult volunteers – Sign up early to reserve your spot!
**All adults are required to register and sign up for the event online. Join your fellow barbershoppers during Midwinter to help end hunger in Orange County. Here’s your chance to give something back to the local community and share the joy of singing. Enjoy a special visit by one of our top quartets!
Click the Register Now button below, then click “Sign Up” on the upper right hand side, then create a profile or enter your username and password.**
Directions and Parking
- Directions found at this link – just click “Map and directions to Second Harvest Food Bank”
- Parking directions at this link – just click “Volunteer Parking Map”
- Please plan to arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to the start of the shift to allow time for all volunteers to check in and begin on time.
Adult Sign Up
- Online signup through this link is required and is for adults only
- Each participating adult must complete their own registration and sign up
- See below for information about minors
- Must be at least 14 years old to volunteer in the Food Distribution Center
- 14 – 17 year olds are welcome to attend
- Must be accompanied by an adult 21 years old or older – ratio of 1 adult to 10 minors
- Must bring a completed minor liability form signed by their parent/guardian or will not be allowed to volunteer. The form can be found at this link – just click “Adult and Minor Warehouse Liability Form”
- Accompanying adults must supervise minors at all times and volunteer alongside them
- At least one adult chaperone must be present at our facility until every minor has been picked up from the volunteer event
- Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Sylvia Nguyen, to RSVP for minor(s) and provide their name and age: Sylvia@FeedOC.org or (949) 208-3137
What to Wear and Expect
- Closed-toed shoes are required
- The temperature in the distribution center is similar to the temperature outside. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing accordingly.
- We recommend not bringing any valuable items with you as we are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
The Impact of Your Volunteer Experience
- Volunteers are the heart and soul of Second Harvest. You bring our mission to life and make up the equivalent of ~40% of our workforce – we literally cannot accomplish our mission without you!
- Help us in our mission to end hunger in Orange County by sorting and packaging donated food items in our food distribution center
- All food is ultimately distributed to individuals and families in need in Orange County
- Together we are creating a future in which no one goes hungry. Ever.
Food and Monetary Donations
- If you would like to bring your own food donations to your volunteer event, our current, most-needed shelf-stable items are:
- peanut butter
- canned meat
- canned fruit
- cereal (hot or cold)
- Monetary donations of any size are greatly appreciated! 90 cents of every $1 goes toward our programs, and $1 can provide 3 meals. Click here if you would like to make a donation. Thank you for your support!