Everyone In Harmony Grant Opportunities
Grant Overview | Grant Policy | Grant Resources | Grant FAQs
The Barbershop Harmony Society can be your partner in having a greater impact in your community
Singing has power — the power to make individuals and communities healthier and happier. Singing, however, is rapidly becoming a spectator sport. Schools and communities cannot address this crisis alone. We can become powerful partners by advocating alongside the talented sea of vocal music educators and conductors. Outreach is about working with others to promote the power of singing — singing anything — while increasing your visibility and influence within your community.
Applications for the Fall Grant Window will open September 1, 2018.
For 2018, our grant program focuses on youth outreach.
Through the Harmony Foundation’s generous annual support of the Barbershop Harmony Society, we are able to provide grant opportunities that will affect powerful community impact.
Our Youth Outreach Grant is designed to help support youth and music educator workshops, one day festivals, and multi-day camps centered around youth education and the a cappella experience.
To effectively expand the reach or our grant activities, we’ve implemented an industry-standard grant request and review process that will better help you:
- Design more visionary and higher impact outreach activities
- Become better leaders in your community by growing community partnerships and understanding community needs
- Create grant requests that have an improved chance at receiving additional local funding
Applications will be accepted February 1, 2018, for projects occurring from June 1, 2018 - May 31, 2019.
Application will not be accepted:
- If project has already been completed or is being carried out before June 1, 2018 or after May 31, 2019
- If a project awarded in the prior year did not submit a Post-Project Report within 60 days of project completion
- All applications must be submitted online through Reviewr. Mailed applications will NOT be considered.
Applicant must be a 501(c)3 non-profit organization - IRS Determination Letter is required in application.
Awards will not exceed 80% of total project expenses.
Projects must be barbershop or a cappella related.
Applications are then reviewed by the review team March 1-31, 2018, and decisions are announced by May 1, 2018.
Prepare your answers to application questions before the window opens. Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Outreach Application
- Post-Project Report is due 60 days after your project is complete.
- All forms and reports will be completed online.
- Funds will be sent to the current treasurer of the chapter or district. No exceptions can be made.
- 501(c)3 awarded applicants will need to identify qualified payee to in the Grant Award Acceptance form.
- Projects which involve youth participation are required to have their staff be certified through our Youth Protection Training.
- Should the project as described in the application not take place, written notification must be sent to email@example.com.
- If the award is already received it must be returned to the Barbershop Harmony Society within 30 days.
You will receive a Review Summary which includes the reasoning for declining the application and review team comments to help you in future applications.
The Primary Contact will be our main source of communication. Be sure to communicate with them these Grant Policies so they are fully aware of the responsibilities in case of the Primary Contact’s absence.
If the Primary Contact needs to be updated, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Previously Funded Projects
2018-2019 Award Summary
2018 Award Summary
2017-18 Award Summary
2017 Award Summary
2016-17 Award Summary
2016 Award Summary
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a list of Grants FAQs