The Leadership Operations Project Team (LOPT) is extending an invitation to any Society member wishing to be considered for a role as a certified facilitator, representing BHS in working directly with chapters and sharing insight and information on both current and new initiatives moving forward. Some of the involvement of a facilitator is electronic, while other times the interaction is face-to-face, such as attending and participating in district leadership academies.
The mantra of a facilitator is to guide a group through its own journey of self-discovery, and then offer assistance in whatever manner possible to help that group achieve and more importantly, sustain its identity. While the role of a BHS certified facilitator benefits from experience and wisdom in chapter involvement, the candidate must also possess the patience of empathic listening skills and strong commitment not to force ideas and suggestions upon the customer. Successful candidates will be trained to facilitate the programs that exist under the Healthy Chapter Initiative.
The LOPT currently offers 20 different leadership curriculum topics for use in district leadership academies. With the understanding of deliverable content from accompanying facilitator guides, you would also be expected to make yourself available for a minimum of two weekends per year for facilitation in leadership academies.
Lastly, a BHS certified facilitator requires a professional ability to interact with an audience on a wide range of related topics. A certified facilitator also requires an ability to absorb the content and deliverables of new Society programs and initiatives, and the ability to serve as an ambassador with members.
Please send a letter of application to Steve Wyszomierski, chair, Leadership Operations Project Team at email@example.com with “Certified Facilitator inquiry” in the subject line. Please include the following:
- Full contact information including available phone number and email address.
- A truncated narrative of your barbershop experience, specifically as to how it may relate to the role of a facilitator.
- A brief statement of what you could “bring to the table” if selected to be a facilitator.
- Two barbershop reference contacts who will attest to your desire and ability to be a facilitator.
TIMELINE FOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
- Application deadline is Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
- Invitations extended no later than November 19, 2019, to participate in online facilitator training.
- Actively engage in two online facilitator tutorials on the evenings of December 4 and 11, 2019, at 8 pm ET.
- Conduct a face-to-face facilitation session on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, in Jacksonville, Florida. Topic and content area for preparation for your face-to-face session will be delivered well in advance. Successful candidates to the facilitator program will be notified immediately.
If you have any questions, contact: