Design your own best barbershop life at Harmony University 2022!
- 175 courses — and more being added!
- 70+ faculty from around the world
- 8 unique course tracks
- ... but NO REQUIRED CLASSES
- New electives and casual singing
Think you know HU? Look again!
HU course offerings are regularly refreshed and retooled for the barbershop activities you love best! Alongside old favorites, take a peek at just a few of the many innovative NEW courses to surprise and delight you:
- World Barbershop Deepen your understanding of barbershop's influence outside of the US and the influence of international musicians on barbershop.
- Songwriting and Original Material Walk through the basics of songwriting: melody, story, lyrics, harmony, and form, with a step-by-step creation of a song.
- Artistic Programming of a Youth Festival Don’t just show up and sing: create a memorable and moving experience.
- Building Successful Arts Organizations Take your chapter from a group of singers who share a common passion to an arts organization that has true impact on its community.
- Posting Techniques Develop a hanger that you can count on time and again to thrill your audiences and colleagues alike.
- Tag Writing and Functional Analysis You, too, can write tags! Your creative journey begins at the end.
PLUS indispensable favorites, like How To Be A Great Lead (Tenor, Bari, Bass), Vocal Techniques, Tune It or Die, Sight Singing, Acting, Theory… the entire universe of barbershop knowledge!
Infinite choices… easy to sort
Start your Harmony University journey by filtering the course list by tracks. Mainly interested in arranging? Click the icon to show those courses. Most students will want to peek into the Voice & Performance track, but you can choose any course from any track.
What’s that course?
Just hover over the title for the full course description and link to the instructor bio. Click the button to quickly add it to your personal schedule.