While many barbershoppers enjoy singing in a chapter or chorus, the Barbershop Harmony Society originated as a quartet organization, with a governing purpose “to perpetuate the old American institution: the barbershop quartet.” For quartet singers, there‘s nothing like the experience of ringing those barbershop chords!
START A BHS QUARTET
BHS offers 3 different quartet packages, with graduating levels of benefits and pricing, in order to provide you more options and more services:*
Find the package that serves you best!
*Pricing based on four members. Each additional member comes at the per member cost for each package.
*Benefits subject to change.
Designed for new or informal quartets that want resources to improve their craft, but don’t want to compete just yet.
$48 annual fee per Quartet
With the Basic Package, you will enjoy access to:
- Exclusive rights to your quartet name within its classification (men's, women's, mixed harmony)
- Quartet listing in the BHS Member Center and visible in public searches
- Access to Guidebook for Performing Quartets
- “On the QT” newsletter specifically geared for quartets
- Access to marketing materials for quartets
- Official Quartet ID cards
- Quartet Starter Kit, including two free charts and learning tracks
Serves the majority of quartets that enjoy performing together, and want to be eligible to compete in BHS competitions.
$72 annual fee per Quartet
Everything in the Basic Package, PLUS:
- Eligible to compete in BHS contests
- 50% discount on GigSalad.com Feature and Pro accounts
- Access to the Subject Matter Expert (SME) database for performing quartets, including resources to assist and guide quartets in their use of technology and marketing, and access to coaches and contacts for performance, show development, and arranging.
- 10% discount on custom marketing services for quartets, including custom design for flyers, business cards, logos, social media, program ads, and more!
- One additional FREE chart and learning tracks
For quartetters who want to take it to the next level and access deep discounts on premium-level services.
$96 annual fee per Quartet
Everything in the Basic and Standard Packages, PLUS:
- Quartet lapel pins
- $100 OFF the required deposit to attend HU Performing Arts College & Coaching with your quartet
- An additional 25% discount beyond general member pricing for quartet-related online education
- 25% discount on custom marketing services for quartets:
- Custom flyers and business cards
- Custom logo design
- Convention program book ads and large screen advertising
- Social media/digital ad campaign placement
Register your new quartet
Choose your quartet package, and join our community of singers to access all of our exclusive benefits today!
- Quartets may register as a men's, women's, or mixed harmony quartet.
- All quartet singers must be active members of the Barbershop Harmony Society in order to register a new quartet.
- You will need a member login in order to complete the registration process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in more information? Here’s a list of Quartet FAQs to answer any questions you may have.