No matter who you are or where you come from, you're invited to sing!
There are so many ways you can get involved! Membership options are open to everyone.
While Society membership is open to everyone, please check with your local chapter to understand the membership options available for that group.
3 Ways to Join
Jump to section:
As a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society, I hope you allow singing to change your life! I know it has changed mine. Whenever I break into song – especially four-part harmony – it’s easy to forget I ever had a care in the world. Singing has made me happier, and a better husband and father. Singing has changed my life. As a Barbershopper, you will inherit a rich legacy of music and friendship. Grow it, expand it, and in the process, make new traditions for yourself!
You might consider becoming a Member if…
- You want to connect and sing with a like-minded community of artists - there are over 650 chapters in North America!
- You want to join a chorus or form a registered quartet
- You want to receive discounted pricing on barbershop merchandise, music and events, including early access and discounts at our annual conventions
- You want to receive the latest news and trends in the world of barbershop harmony through our Harmonizer magazine (6 issues per year), weekly newsletters, and a monthly members-only orientation program on what it means to be a barbershopper
|Member Classification and Description||Cost for New Members|
|Regular (Age 26+ and not a Senior)||$144|
|Youth (Age 25 and under)||$72 (FIRST YEAR FREE)|
|Senior (10+ years of service and age 70+ after 1/1/2010)||$108 (25% discount)|
|Senior Legacy (10+ years of service and age 70+ before 1/1/2010)||$72 (50% discount)|
|Harmony Fellows (50+ years of service)||FREE|
My Dad was a member of the BHS for almost 35 years before he passed away suddenly in November 2001. It is an honor for me to be able to continue the legacy of barbershop harmony through my association with the BHS.
You might consider Associate status if…
- You want to receive specific benefits and discounts, such as a online subscription to the Harmonizer magazine and a discount on music and merchandise at our Marketplace shop site, at a lower cost than membership
- You want to connect with the Barbershop Harmony Society family without maintaining membership in a chapter, district, or quartet
- You want to receive recognition for recruiting new members into the Barbershop Harmony Society, as well as an Associate card and new lapel pin and kit
The Associate program, while not membership, is open to all friends of the Barbershop Harmony Society. If you are a current member that would like to change to Associate status, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance. More detailed information about the coming changes will be available later this year.
|Associate Classification and Description||Cost for New Associates|
|Regular (Age 26+ and not a senior)||$90|
|Youth (Age 25 and under)||$45 (FIRST YEAR FREE)|
|Senior (10+ years of service and age 70+)||$67.50 (25% discount eligibility begins 2019)|
Hot Shots all joined as Lifetime Members as a way of remembering achievements for the rest of our barbershop lives.
You might consider Lifetime Membership if…
- You want access to all the benefits that come with Member status, and
- You expect to be a long-term Society member
- You want a permanent connection to the Barbershop Harmony Society
- You want to commemorate a special barbershop occasion
Still wondering why you should become a lifetime member? Here are our top 4 reasons:
- Make an easy, one-time payment – and relax. Make a one-time payment of 25 times the current rate, and that’s it: your Society dues are paid forever. If dues rates change through the years, no worries — you’re all paid up.
- Join the ranks of the greats. Lifetime Members of the Barbershop Harmony Society include famous arrangers, quartet champs, directors — and people like OC Times and the HotShots.
- Display your passion and commitment to all your friends and family. When you become a Lifetime member, we’ll send you a one-of-a-kind BHS Lifetime pin and a certificate suitable for framing.
- Save money in the long run. Not only do you avoid rate increases, but if you continue to remain a member for longer than the 25 years, all those years after, membership is essentially free.
Some restrictions apply:
- Applies to BHS dues only – districts and chapters will continue to bill you annually.
- Non-refundable. A single one-time payment is required; not eligible for EZDues payment system.
Interested in Lifetime Membership?
Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org