New Directors Wanted
New director ads are free to Society chapters and choruses. Fill out the form below to submit your ad request.
- 11/7/2019 | Santa Clarita Men of Harmony chorus in Santa Clarita, CA meets Tuesday evenings and seeks a director for shows and weekly practices. Salary is available. 18-member, noncompetitive mixed chorus. Contact Kip.Makeever@gmail.com. Website: http://www.scmenofharmony.com/
- 10/14/2019 | The Lakes Region Chordsmen (LRC), an a capella chorus singing in the Barbershop harmony style, is looking for a chorus director. The LRC rehearses on Monday evenings, 7:00-9:00PM in Gilford, NH and performs throughout the year in the greater Lakes Region area of New Hampshire. The candidate will have directing experience, preferably in the Barbershop, four-part harmony style. The primary requirement is a passion for directing a capella choral (and quartet) singing and a willingness to commit to the success and well-being of the chorus. Workshops and training can be funded by LRC and are available during the year. Compensation is negotiable and dependent upon qualifications. If interested please email Tom O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses should have “Director Search” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
- 10/1/2019 | The Morris Music Men chorus in Chatham, New Jersey is looking for an up-and-coming Assistant Director to join the Mid-Atlantic's fastest growing chapter and assist our dynamic Director, Nate Barrett. Duties would be to help run rehearsals, help with sectionals, and be the lead Director for some of the numerous sing-outs we perform throughout the year. Contact Chris Reel at email@example.com or 973-615-1822.
- 9/6/2019 | The Crystalaires, Palm Harbor, FL chapter, seeks an experienced director for a small, noncompetitive mixed chorus. Contact Jim Eustice, firstname.lastname@example.org or 727 255-3777 for more information.
- 8/19/2019 | The Upper Chesapeake Chorus is seeking a Front-Line Musical Director with a vision to propel us to the next level of musical excellence.
Upper Chesapeake Chorus (UCC) is in Region 19 of Sweet Adeline’s International, located in Harford County, Maryland, central to Baltimore, Philadelphia and Wilmington. We rehearse on Monday evenings in Aberdeen, Md. From 7pm to 10pm.
Our achievements include:
• 2011 and 2013 Chorus Champions for Atlantic Bay-Mountain Region 19 of Sweet Adelines International
• 2018 - 7th place Regional
• 2019 – 9th place Regional
Please send your resume to Pat Keen at email@example.com. Resumes will be promptly reviewed and selected candidates will be sent a questionnaire and invited to attend an interview and direct a rehearsal at a mutually agreed-upon time.
Contact Pat Keen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-309-2026 with any questions.
- 8/11/2019 The Hanover Barbershop Chorus is searching for a qualified person interested in directing their chorus. Training, to be paid for by the chorus, is available. Salary is available and negotiable. The chorus practices every Monday at 7:00pm. Commitment includes directing occasional performances in the Hanover area and directing our annual show. www.hanoverbarbershopchorus.org | email@example.com | (717) 316-0035
Society chapters and choruses
Society chapters and choruses: fill out the form below, and we'll post your ad to the map below, as well as include your listing in the next issue of The Harmonizer for free (first 50 words are free; see submission deadlines below)!
Submission Deadlines for Harmonizer issues:
Jan/Feb 2019 - January 11, 2019
Mar/Apr 2019 - March 1, 2019
May/June 2019 - May 1, 2019
July/Aug 2019 - June 28, 2019
Sep/Oct 2019 - August 30, 2019
Nov/Dec 2019 - November 1, 2019
Post your job!
Fill out the form below to request to add your vacancy. Vacancies will be posted for 3 months, unless otherwise specified, and added to the next available issue of The Harmonizer magazine.
While postings are free to Society chapters and choruses, non-Society choruses will be charged a $75 fee.
For all requests, we will post your director ad for three months on this web page as well as feature it in the next available issue of The Harmonizer magazine. Fill out the form below to get started today!