By the time you’ve hit five or ten years as a Barbershopper, you’ve probably crossed that tipping point where you know this is going to be forever. You’ve passed through the stages in which interest has progressed into hobby, and from there into a lifestyle, then into a mission, until at last, barbershop is your identity.
If barbershop is your life, you should consider becoming a Lifetime Member. As the name implies, you are all in -- a member for the rest of your days.
Make a one-time payment of dues equal to twenty-five times the current Regular dues rate, and that’s it: your Society dues are paid forever. If dues rates change through the years, no worries -- you’re all paid up.
You might consider Lifetime Membership if…
- You expect to be a member for another ten years or more
- You want a permanent connection to the Barbershop Harmony Society
- You want to commemorate a special barbershop occasion
Lifetime Members of the Barbershop Harmony Society include famous arrangers, quartet champs, directors -- and guys like HotShots, 2006 Sunshine District Quartet Champion and 2010 International Quartet Semi-Finalist. Noted for its comedy, the quartet had a busy show career. “Hot Shots all joined as Lifetime Members as a way of remembering achievements for the rest of our barbershop lives,” said bass Paul Agnew. Lead Andrew Borts added, “We worked our butts off doing shows and were able to to reward ourselves with a permanent thing that always makes us appreciate our past, rather than investing in hot wings and diet soda.”
Interested in Lifetime Membership? Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some restrictions apply:
- Applies to BHS dues only - districts and chapters will continue to bill you annually.
- Rate will be twenty-five times the Regular dues rate on date of purchase. No other discounts apply.
- Non-refundable. A single one-time payment is required; not eligible for EZDues payment system.