Comedy Quartet Festival • July 3, 2024 • Cleveland
Make mirth! Bring the zany! Bust a chord and a gut! MAKE 'EM LAUGH!
Barbershop harmony is about music AND fun, and in 2024, both will get their due, in the new Comedy Quartet Festival.
Combining traditional barbershop contest scoring, audience balloting, and a small dose of pixie dust (see participant guide,) the entire crowd will show their appreciation for the twelve quartets who bravely put their funniest bits on the Festival stage.
The Comedy Quartet Festival is open to ALL performers, regardless of affiliation or gender. No qualifying events required. Space is limited to 12 quartets, so don’t delay!
Each group will perform two songs in front of an enthusiastic audience.
- Both songs must be comedic in nature, and in good taste.
- Each performance must include at least one contestable barbershop song
Each performing group will receive a score and rating (Superior, Outstanding, Excellent, Good).
- Each performer will receive a Contestant Scoring Analysis (CSA).
- Performers may opt out of sharing their scores and/or ratings on the Official Score Sheet.
The entry deadline is May 15, 2024.
- Space is limited, and this event may reach capacity before the deadline (complete your entry early to ensure a spot).
- The order of appearance draw is expected to occur in late May 2024.
Individuals are not required to be BHS members, but each must hold a full convention registration ↗️
Each quartet must pay a quartet registration fee of $149 for BHS member quartets, and $199 for other quartets. Entry fees are fully refundable for any reason if the withdrawal occurs before April 15.