Five last-minute reminders for entering the Next Generation Varsity Quartet ContestPosted on
As the January 28 entry deadline draws, please keep these registration tips in mind.
- The video entry deadline is January 28, 2018, 11:59 pm Eastern. Don’t let a tech error catch you by surprise — be sure to allow yourself time for video upload, completing the online registration, etc. (Tip: get all your address/phone number/email info in place for easy copy/paste into the online entry form.)
- All entries are by video upload to YouTube. Don’t email it to us; upload to YouTube. If you do not have a Google account for YouTube upload, check with a faculty member or family to help create one. Again, don’t be surprised by this at deadline!
- Your entry video must be recorded in front of an audience. It need not be a big audience; in a choir room for classmates, or at Solo & Ensemble, or in a concert if you like. Any performance recorded and judged between September 13, 2017 and January 28, 2018 may be used; if you competed at a BHS District Convention, you may submit that video and scoresheet if you wish.
- All singers must be age 25 and under; at least one singer must be age 18 or older. The aim of the Varsity event is to provide a competitive venue for older singers and a separate, equitable Next Generation Junior Quartet event for younger singers. However, younger quartets may enter the more challenging Varsity field if they have at least one singer age 18 or older.
- All entrants are invited to sing in the Varsity Honors Chorus this summer at the 2018 International Convention. Whether you come with a qualifying quartet, or by yourself, we’ll provide a complimentary registration and stipend.