Know before you go: Barbershop LIVE @ Home
Best practices to ensure you have the best possible experience at the BHS Virtual Chapter Meeting.
Space is limited to 500 seats —and we're nearly SOLD OUT!
If you find that you cannot attend, please email email@example.com so we can cancel the ticket in EventBrite and open up a seat for people on the waiting list.
Meeting plan for Sunday night
- Your entry credentials for the meeting will arrive in a separate email from Zoom within 24 hours of the event
- Zoom meeting will open at approximately 6:45 pm Central. We will be running some fun performance videos to help you ensure your own audio, video, and internet connections are set up to your comfort levels
- Agenda and lineup are below
Technology: For OPTIMUM experience
- Zoom Updates! You may be missing out on key features. Don’t wait to update until Sunday evening.
- Unless you have amazing, flawless WiFi, use a wired connection.
- Wear headphones for best audio experience.
- Eliminate any background noise.
- You will automatically be muted upon entry to the meeting because of the size. Please do not unmute unless directed.
- Cell phones and tablets will work for viewing, but won’t offer the entire experience.
- Check your setup/connection ahead of time (if connecting computer to tv).
- Test your internet connection by joining a test meeting. Join a Test Zoom Meeting Here.
- For best viewing experience, choose Side-by-Side Speaker view.
- Be mentally and physically prepared to sing (
- Be in an area where you can sing and/or move around
- We want to see your smiling face! Please be prepared to show your video when you log in.
- Be mindful, you are on camera with 500+ other people. Clothing is recommended (not optional)
Social #BarbershopLiveAtHome — Show off some treasures
- Got a barbershop “brag wall” of photos or awards? A treasured gift from a barbershop hero? Share it with the world!
- Take a photo. You can be in it, or not.
- Post your photo on your own social media channel and tag it with #BarbershopLiveAtHome so we can find and share it.
- Bonus points for tagging Barbershop Harmony Society in your post.
- We’ll also have space in the Afterglow to show your favorite stuff.
- Don’t have any treasures? No worries! Still use the hashtag when you post onto social media!
Event Standards (think of this as your local chapter meeting!)
- Arrive a few minutes early to ensure audio/video work and to chat with friends across the globe!
- Show typical barbershop courtesy toward all humans - be nice! Stay on topic - presenters have limited time and LOTS of material to share.
- Mute when not speaking (several staffers/volunteers will monitor for stray unmuted mics during presentations)
- Use the chat function to make comments or chat with other attendees.
- If you have tech issues, concerns, or follow up questions about programming content or techniques/ideas for your own chapter meeting, email Chapters@barbershop.org (will be monitored live during the event)
Tonight's agenda and leaders
|Effective Virtual Rehearsal Techniques
|Kevin Keller and
Jeremy K. Gover
Archive Video from the Vault
|Singing Tags with Tim
|"Keep The Whole World Singing"
|Afterglow! Hang out and chat
Third in a series
Like this? Want more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas for future programming.