Know before you go: Barbershop LIVE! @ Home
Best practices to ensure you have the best possible experience at the BHS Virtual Chapter Meeting.
Space is limited to 500 seats —and we're SOLD OUT!
If you find that you cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can cancel the ticket in EventBrite and open up a seat for people on the waiting list.
Meeting plan for Sunday night
- Your entry credentials for the meeting will arrive in a separate email from Zoom within 24 hours of the event
- Zoom meeting will open at approximately 6:45 pm Central. We will be running some fun performance videos to help you ensure your own audio, video, and internet connections are set up to your comfort levels
- Agenda and lineup are below
Technology: For OPTIMUM experience
- Zoom Updates! You may be missing out on key features. Don’t wait to update until Sunday evening.
- Unless you have amazing WiFi, use a wired connection.
- Wear headphones for best audio experience
- Eliminate any background noise.
- You will automatically be muted upon entry to the meeting because of the size.
- Cell phones and tablets will work for viewing, but won’t offer the entire experience.
- Check your setup/connecting ahead of time (if connecting computer to tv)
- Test your internet connection by joining a test meeting. Join a Test Zoom Meeting Here
- For best viewing experience, choose Side-by-Side Speaker view
- Be mentally and physically prepared to sing (There will be a warm up by Kim Newcomb!)
- Be in an area where you can sing and/or movearound
- Be mindful, you are on camera with 500+ other people. Clothing is recommended (not optional)
Wear your favorite barbershop gear!
Represent your favorite chorus or quartet (even if it’s yours!), show off your favorite Marketplace purchase, or dust off your lanyard full of convention pins. Your pick!
Take a photo!
Take a selfie, use your photo timer, or ask a family member to snap a pic for you. It can be serious, silly, artistic, simple… we just want to see what you’ve chosen to wear.
Share your photo on social media!
Post your photo on your own social media channel and tag it with #BarbershopLiveAtHome so we can find and share it. Bonus points for tagging Barbershop Harmony Society in your post.
Get your sheet music to Keep the Whole World Singing here: https://www.barbershop.org/music/free-sheet-music
Our Section Leader Quartet, FOREFRONT, will be singing this version in the TTBB Key! E♭
Chapter meeting standards
- Arrive a few minutes early to ensure audio/video work and to chat with friends across the globe!
- Show typical barbershop courtesy toward all humans - be nice!
- Mute when not speaking (several staffers/volunteers will monitor for stray unmuted mics during presentations)
- Use the chat function to make comments, chat with other attendees.
Tech issues, concerns, or follow up questions about programming content or techniques/ideas for your own chapter meeting? Chapters@barbershop.org (will be monitored live during the event)
Tonight's agenda and leaders
|Forefront||Section rehearsal: |
"Keep The Whole World Singing"
|Jim Henry||Rehearsal on "Keep The Whole World Singing"|
|Steve Scott||Vocal Health|
|Rafi Hasib||How To Leverage Zoom |
to Run a Virtual Rehearsal
|Steve Tramack||Directed Listening: |
What Makes This Performance Work
|Jeremy Gover||Archive Video|
|Kevin Keller||Tag Creation|
|Tony De Rosa||Interview Barbershop Celebrity|
|Brian Lynch||Barbershop Trivia/Polls|
|Amy Rose||Feature Theme Photos|
|"Keep The Whole World Singing"|
|Afterglow! Hang out and chat|
First in a series
Look for additional events on December 6 and January 10. Programs and presenters to be announced.