For iOS & macOS
Acapella by Mixcord
Acapella by Mixcord (iPhone & iPad)
- This app is great as you can create a quad video fairly easily and even collaborate and record with your quartet members live!
- If you created a guide track, you can use this by adding it to iTunes on your phone and then tapping the “Play Music” option and selecting your song. This will play while you are recording, but will not end up on the final video.
- They offer a 7 day trial for all premium features and $9.99 per month subscription.
How to use the Acapella app
How to upload to YouTube from your iPhone
iMovie and Garageband
- This is a more complex method which will take more time to finish, but allows for more flexibility and creativity with the video. The finished video can be uploaded directly to YouTube.
- iMovie and Garageband are free and included with your macOS install. If not in your Applications folder, go to the App Store and you can download them for free.
- While using Garageband is not necessary, you can mix down the four audio tracks and then import them into iMovie.
- Both have iPhone and iPad apps, but each have limitations which are not suitable for a four frame video.
How to use iMovie to create a four frame video
How to upload to YouTube from iMovie
For PC & Android
Acapella Maker (Android)
- While it does not have a live collaboration feature, you can upload four videos into a chosen layout.
- If you created a guide track you can use this in the app. This will play while you are recording, but will not end up on the final video.
- It’s free to download and use.
- Check out these basic guides on using the Acapella Maker app.
- Here is how to upload to YouTube from Android.
OpenShot (all desktop OS including macOS)
- This is a more complex method which will take more time to finish, but allows for more flexibility and creativity with the video.
- It is open source, safe to download, and free (or you can donate to them if you are totally impressed)!
How to use OpenShot for beginners
How to create a quad screen video in OpenShot
How to upload to YouTube from OpenShot