From 2015 to Now: A Collection of Annual Reports
2019 Annual Report
Barbershop is more than a style of music - it's a way of life.
In 2019, over 54,994 of us sang our hearts our in rehearsals, performed in our communities, purchased (and perfected) new music, honed our skills at education events, and mentored youth in a cappella camps and other programs.
- 3,047 people attended our largest Midwinter ever in Nashville, Tennessee
- 6,829 of us attended the International Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah
- 771 music educators, directors, chapter leaders, singers, and barbershop supporters attended our Harmony University event at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee.
We shared our passion across the globe, with 4,707,339 views across our top five YouTube videos!
Click on the button below to learn more about our impact in 2019.
2018 Annual Report
In times of conflict and exclusion, barbershop inspires us to blend, to cooperate, to create beauty, and to love each other.
In 2018, Everyone in Harmony hit full stride as we opened our doors to all.
We worked hard to bring the barbershop experience to more communities than ever before, and to show that singing belongs to everyone.
Singing together changes lives and inspires communities:
- 12.5 million YouTube views
- Over 1,000,000 Barbershop experiences that you've shared with us
- 30,341 participants across BHS districts
- 7,135 convention attendees
Click on the button below to learn more about the impact barbershoppers have made in the year 2018!
2017 Annual Report
In 2017, we introduced our new vision for the future of the Society: Everyone in Harmony.
It’s GREAT to be a Barbershopper! We are excited more than ever with the progress we’ve made to spread the joy of singing to millions of people all around the world.
Our increased awareness efforts continue to take off. We are bringing together a community of Barbershoppers and barbershop fans we’ve never seen the ‘likes’ of before:
- Our Facebook page approached 30,000 ‘likes’ for the year.
- Our YouTube subscribers just exceeded 50,000 people, and 31.2 million minutes of content was streamed for the year.
- The reach of our most viral posts and videos extends well into the millions thanks to high-profile performers like Forefront quartet with Mike Rowe and Main Street quartet.
We are continually investing in educational and outreach activities to attract more singers. In this report, you’ll see how Barbershoppers across the U.S. and around the world are using the power of song to create healthy communities and to work together to bring Everyone in Harmony.
2016 Annual Report
A Better World. Singing.
On April 11, 1938, 26 men gathered on the roof of a Tulsa hotel to sing, and they unwittingly gave birth to a movement. Today, close to 80,000 male and female singers regularly sing barbershop harmony in more than a dozen nations.
The Barbershop Harmony Society (BHS) is reaching a tipping point. This is the moment when we are ready to leverage our rich musical history, geographic reach, organizational infrastructure, and dedicated corps of passionate artists to make an impact that was previously no more than a dream. We are a group of intergenerational singers who demonstrate every day how singing together in harmony transcends anything that may divide us.
Most of the good we do as a Society takes place far away from our headquarters. Across North America every week, thousands of male Members and an increasing number of female associates not only enjoy singing for our own sakes, but also share the joy of singing in our communities. Together, we’re building A Better World. Singing.
2015 Annual Report
For the Joy.
With 22,000 members, the Barbershop Harmony Society is a major arts organization that has a $30 million annual impact across all business units.
We leave a far larger impact throughout North America, where nearly 800 chapters and thousands of quartets freely give to their communities, and are often cherished as valuable community assets.
We are far more than hobbyists. We are working with music educators and arts advocates to change lives through singing.