Singing Double captures Junior Quartet title
A Florida quartet becomes the first female ensemble to capture a national title in the Barbershop Harmony Society
Singing Double, four alumnae of Gaither High School in Tampa, took top honors in the 2020 Next Generation Barbershop Junior Quartet contest, held at the Barbershop Harmony Society's Midwinter Convention in Jacksonville on January 10.
The quartet, comprising two sets of identical twins, had previously placed second in 2019, and built on their previous success to earn a Superior rating and were named Audience Favorite. The Junior division is open to singers age 18 and under.
The top five quartets were:
- Singing Double, University of Florida and Santa Fe College, Tampa, FL
- Best Sellers, Onalaska High School, Onalaska, WI
- Default, Atchison High School, Atchison, MO
- 3:1, Martin Luther King Magnet, Nashville, TN
- Solid Gold, Cadillac High School, Cadillac, MI